When you are ready for a more exciting gaming atmosphere, MMORPG is a great way to switch things up. It can also help you stay connected with friends online or in person. The difficulty comes when trying to choose a game. Each one has their own unique features, theme and ways that countless players can get involved.
Other than trying each one of them out individually, the easiest way to pick the best MMORPG games for PC that you would like is to follow this guide to some of the most popular games and the most important features.
Things to Think About
- Theme. The theme of the game is simple and really comes down to the kind of game you like to play most. There are quest, adventure, campaign, and puzzle games that can be set in a variety of locations from post-apocalyptic America to simply a non-descript city that has been dominated by the undead.
- Gaming Possibilities. This is essentially how you like to play. In good MMORPG games for PC, you will get a variety of options in one game. These can include interacting with other players as friends or enemies, getting into massive team battles with hundreds of players, or entering into virtual economies in which you trade and create goods.
- Eastern or Western Style. This is almost always referring to Japanese or American style games as they are the most well known game developers in the world. Japanese games tend to be more straightforward with set storylines that are more character driven. American games focus more on choice, letting players explore and interact as much as they like.
Top 6 MMORPGs for PC Complete Table
Deciding Between the Best MMORPG Games for PC
Once you have decided to get into the world of MMORPG games or are simply adding to your collection of gaming possibilities, the majority of your options come down to personal choice and experience.
You should consider the following:
- Would You Enjoy Having Character Customization?
- What Is Your Skill Level?
- More Combat or Exploration?
- Linear or Open-Ended Games?
- How Much Do You Want to Spend?
Thinking about these different variations and options will help direct you towards the best MMORPG games for PC. Making a choice with these questions means deciding which features are the most important to lead you to the right game.
Top 3 MMORPG Games for PC Reviews
This is a series of games that includes the option to play with many different players at once. This is the best feature of the game and one of the main draws for anyone that is looking for adventure with a free online co-op too.
Once you get into this game, you can quickly take advantage of the customizable heroes. They will level up with you and follow your orders throughout the game. This puts you in control of more players.
The different play options as well as the countless quests and missions make this a game with endless possibilities.
When you get into the world of Tera, you enter as one of the seven player races. Each of these has their own history and appeal as well as their own objectives and opinions throughout the game.
This means that when you choose to play this game, you will truly be entering a game that lets you explore each of the races as well as the entire world as a single player, but more commonly in multi-player mode.
This keeps things more interesting and allows you to collaborate or battle with many other players, a feature that other games simply cannot compete with.
Rift is a multi-player game that allows you to play against one another, in teams, ranked, or really in any set up that you would like. You can choose a specialized character or you can create one to your specific playing style based on the abilities that you choose.
This is one of the best MMORPG games for PC because it gives you control, options and game variations in perfect combination. You will never get bored but you will also never get lost in the game either.
This game would be categorized as adventure or action with combat opportunities as well as the chance for exploration.