Playing with puzzles has been shown to have a great deal of benefits for both adults and children.
For younger players it can teach them how to recognize shapes and colors. As children develop, puzzles can assist with problem-solving and can even help with literacy skills if they contain words. The focus for adults is more improving short-term memory and decision making.
While it is clear that buying a puzzle is a good move, it becomes more difficult with the hundreds of thousands of choices. To make this easier we have created a short guide of things to look out for and some of the best jigsaw puzzles.
What to Consider in Buying a Jigsaw Puzzles
- Material. This doesn’t ever seem like an important point until you have tried to complete a puzzle with a younger child. Puzzles that are designed for this age group tend to be made of painted wood rather than cardboard, which is the more common material. This means that less damage will come from a rough trial and error approach.
- Subject. What an adult would enjoy bringing together in a puzzle and what a child would be completely different? It is important to remember that the image displayed by the puzzle is the key to enjoying the process. Pick one that you like or if you are choosing a puzzle for a child or someone else then think about what they enjoy and decide accordingly.
- The Purpose of the Puzzle. Puzzles are a great tool for many different purposes, including.
In our table, we have included several puzzles that can be used for these focuses and what you are buying a puzzle for should certainly be considered before you make your final choice.
Top 10 Jigsaw Puzzles Table
Knowing Which the Top Jigsaw Puzzles Are
- Complexity. Many buyers will focus on the complexity of the picture the puzzle is made up of. While this can make a huge difference as there are puzzles that exist which are nothing but clouds, it isn’t the only focus you should have.
The intricacy of the puzzle piece shapes really makes a big difference. For example is every piece very similar? If so, this could make the puzzle much more difficult.
- Size. Whether a puzzle is complex or not, the size determines how long it will take to complete. In our table we have listed the dimension of the puzzle, this is to help you see if it will fit onto your tabletop, but the number of the pieces should also be considered.
There is a general rule that you can follow to find the best jigsaw puzzles.
- Younger children. Less than 50 pieces
- Older children. 50 to 100 pieces
- Teenagers and Adults. 100+ pieces
Top 3 Best Jigsaw Puzzles Reviews
The Ravensburger brand is easily one of the finest designers of puzzles available on the market and the Bizarre Bookshop 2 edition is no exception to their track record. The colors of the puzzle are vibrant and the material is sturdy.
The best part of this image is that, unlike many landscape scenes, it is filled with detail. Every small aspect of the scene is beautiful and there are great little-hidden pieces of humor scattered throughout the bookshop.
Although the puzzle does have 1000 pieces, due to the extensive detail of the image it is easier to put together than many other puzzles of a similar size. This would make the difficulty of the puzzle set at moderate.
The Antique World Map Puzzle is 1000 pieces and there are intricate details spread across the map. At first, it feels as if the puzzle will be extremely difficult to complete but there are small words that make joining up pieces a little bit easier. Overall the difficulty level for this puzzle is advanced and it will usually take more than one individual a few days to put together.
With only 20-30 pieces that have no exact distinguishing features, the puzzle is not frustrating to put together and you will enjoy finding all of the small details that link the parts. It is also fun to try and complete this puzzle from a memory of the world rather than looking at the box.
One added bonus to buying the Antique World Map Puzzle is that it comes with glue so you will be able to display it after you have finished. Educa, the company that produced this puzzle, also have a lost piece service, so you will never have to have it incomplete.
This is another of the best jigsaw puzzles that come with the Ravensburger seal of quality. The Kitchen Cupboard scene is a challenging 1000 piece puzzle that comes with a little surprise in each of the spaces. This puzzle has a great deal of detail, so while it may take some time to put together it never has a frustrating expanse of blue sky or green forest.
There is one small point with this puzzle, it has a great number of relatively creepy characters dotted throughout. It feels as if the artist was having a great time creating all of the strange scenes. This means that this puzzle is suited for a lover of anything related to Halloween or if you are in the odd for something different.
The puzzle retains the quality of an image that is usual of a Ravensburger design and it is great that you will never need to force a piece into place.